I’m working on a global studies writing question and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
Alice Cuddy, “George Floyd: Five pieces of context to
Understand The protests”, BBC, June 2020.
Link to article:
- Should be in docx format!
- NEED a bibliography and to be minimum 800 words – 1000 words
- Demonstrates understanding of the text(s) it responds to. This can take the form of a summary, a paraphrase of the key points, etc.
- Demonstrates the authors independent reasoning, through an engagement with the text or the matters discussed in it. This can take the form of a discussion of the texts key hypotheses, a clarification of its questions or problem, a discussion of its claims and conclusions, etc.
- Provides some sort of independent analysis and reasoning. Discuss answer author gives. Can it be developed?
- Start with a problem/question keep it in mind throughout the text.
- Focus on problems: How the author poses it, how it is described, what the causes and solutions are according to the author
- Discuss the above remember problems are generative.
- Re-edit your introduction after youve written the text make sure it fits with the main body and the conclusion.
- Collect my feedback from previous response papers check if youve implemented changes Ive suggested to past ones.
- Editing for clarity and consistency is essential, as is proof reading!