I’m working on a mathematics question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Overview: Prepare a PowerPoint poster that demonstrates your mastery of the concepts we learned this semester. This assignment assesses the following learning objectives.
- Provide experience in calculating simple statistics by hand and using available software packages
- Provide students with an understanding of which statistics are appropriate for a particular empirical problem
- Perform and present statistical analysis in a format that is consistent with professional standards
I have provided two data sets in this module as SPSS files. I did not identify the level of measurement. This is part of your assessment.
Data: There is one data set available to use beyond the 2018 GSS posted in this module.
This is a SPSS data set created by Dr. Chaires in Criminal Justice. The unit of analysis is police stops. You will need to look at the variable view to get an idea exactly what information is included in this data.
Instructions: Prepare a document in a poster format using PowerPoint. This document must include material form Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9,10, 12, 13 and 14.
- Start with one or two hypotheses
- Use a table that identifies the variables and their level of measurement
- Prepare at least one bar or pie chart
- Prepare a table of means and standard deviations for all interval-ratio variables
- Construct confidence intervals around means and proportions in the table of means and standard deviations.
- Perform one difference of means test and present the results using a bar chart and the proof of statistical significance or lack of such
- Present one cross-tabulation with a Chi-Square test of significance and describe the strength of the relationship
- Present a scatter plot and a correlation coefficient –talk about the strength, significance, and direction of the relationship
- Write one short paragraph that links your hypotheses to your analyses
Deliverable: A one-page poster that includes all the information described the rubric.
All tutors provide: high quality help, quick responsive communication, original explanations and answers with any outside resources cited.