I’m working on a business writing question and need an explanation to help me study.
Prepare a Strategic Business Plan for a new business: “Everglades Food Truck” (refer to attached document). Include the following in the plan:
- An introduction with mission and vision statements
- Explanation of Core values, ethics, and social responsibility principles
- An analysis of the companys:
- Internal environment (e.g. strengths and weaknesses related to resources, trademarks, patents, copyrights, or current processes) – What is your budget and what does it entail (projections for cost of truck, personnel (experienced staff), licensing, supply chain logistics? How would you know you will have better food prices?.
- External environment (e.g. opportunities and threats related to market trends, economic trends, demographics, or regulations) – External environment needs to be amplified. For example, there are currently 10 best Food Trucks in Port Everglades, what new products are you focusing your attention to and how will these differentiate your Food Truck from others? In terms of technology, is the use of social media a factor for consideration? What about the use of a legal consultant to ensure compliance with rules and regulations?
- An evaluation of the internal and external environments impact on achieving the company strategy
- A strategic objective for the company
- Short- and long-term goals for achieving the companys strategic plan
- Determination of methods/metrics for collecting data and measuring success of the strategic plan – include financial projections of profitability in a certain time frame. This should be part of your Budget Analysis. Source of funding?
Cite your sources