I’m working on a sociology writing question and need an explanation to help me learn.
Choose a peer-reviewed journal article from the Social Problems journal in our library database. The article must have been published no later than 2011. For this assignment, you must:
- Summarize the article
- Evaluate the article to identify its strengths and weaknesses.
- base your summary and evaluation from the discipline of sociology and its recognition of the relationship between human behavior, social systems, and social forces.
- do not base your evaluation criteria on personal opinion or value judgments.
In completing this article review assignment, you must:
- identify the article’s main point (i.e. thesis)
- summarize the literature review
- describe the research method(s) used
- describe the evidence/data presented (i.e. results)
- explain the article’s contribution(s) to the field of sociology
- evaluate the limitations of the study
2.5 points for each bulleted point in the student’s paper
Use the following steps when completing your assignment:
- Use the UHD library website to find a peer-reviewed journal article about a social problem claim. Make sure it was published after than 2010.
- Provide a properly formatted ASA citation for your chosen article. (NOTE: The entire paper does not need to be in ASA format – just your chosen article which will go on your work cited page).
- Write a brief summary of your chosen article. This response should be a minimum of 2 paragraphs. [Components: article’s thesis, summary of the literature review]
- Describe the research method(s) used by the research investigator(s). This response should be at least 1 paragraph in length. [Components: research methods].
- Describe what the study found and what it contributed to the field of sociology. This response should be at least 1 paragraph long. [Components: the evidence/data presented (i.e. results), contribution(s) to the field of sociology].
- Describe the limitations of the study. (Consider research design issues, methodological issues, and ethical issues). This response should be at least 1 paragraph long. [Components: limitations of the study].