The following article “A Harriet Tubman $20? That’s Just the Beginning” discusses not only the replacement of Andrew Jackson with Harriet Tubman, but also the history of the numerous different images on US bills since 1775.
part 1: Comment on any of the following:
- After reading the article, what are your views on honoring Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill?
- Would you like to see other bills updated?
- What else could be depicted on US bills besides people?
part 2 : Answer the following questions:
- Give 3 examples of Money Market instruments.
- Give 3 examples of Capital Market instruments that are not issued by the US Treasury.
- What are 3 instruments issued by the US Treasury? For each, indicate whether the instrument is a money market instrument or a capital market instrument.
- Why are financial markets important for consumers and why are they important for firms? Discuss.
ACTIVITY: provide brief responses to the questions above.