I’m working on a accounting exercise and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
Using the below information, please create a balance sheet.
- Balance Sheet Data for Beginning of 20XX:
- Cash and cash equivalents = $10000
- Accounts receivable = $0 (Cash is received at time of sale)
- Raw materials inventory = $10500
- Equipment = $5000 (This includes the $1000 cost of the equipment sold in 20XX).
- Accumulated depreciation = $1,000 (This includes the accumulated depreciation of 200 for the equipment sold in 20XX.
- Accounts payable = $0 (Cash is paid at the time of purchase.)
- Note payable = $5000 (This is the note payable which is repaid in 20XX)
- Common stock = $15000
- Retained earnings = $4500
Using the below information, please find NPV and explain findings:
- Net Present Value: The Lees are considering adding a new piece of equipment that will speed up the process of building the bobble heads. The cost of the piece of equipment is $52000. It is expected that the new piece of equipment will lead to cash flows of $17000, $23000, and $30000 over the next 3 years. If the appropriate discount rate is 8%, what is the NPV of this investment? Explain the findings.