Summary: Conduct a job analysis and develop selection interview questions (withcorresponding scoring systems) for a job of your choice. You should choose a job that is (a)familiar to at least one member of your team and (b) sufficiently complex to generate enoughtasks and KSAOs for Sections 2 and 3. Your project should have the six sections indicatedbelow. Please label each section.
Section 3: Worker-oriented job analysis (25% of the project grade) :
a. Generate a list of knowledges, skills, abilities, and other characteristics needed to do thejob. Then, cluster the knowledges and provide a label for each cluster. Then, cluster theskills/abilities and provide a label for each cluster (you may include skills and abilities inthe same cluster). Then, cluster the other characteristics and provide a label for eachcluster (see examples at the end of the project).
- You must have at least 6 KSAO clusters.
- Each cluster must have at least 3 statements in it (either knowledges ORskills/abilities OR other characteristics).
- You must have at least 1 cluster of each type (knowledges, skills/abilities, and other).For example, you may have 3 knowledge clusters and 2 skills/abilities clusters and 1other characteristics cluster, or you may have 1 knowledge cluster and 3skills/abilities clusters and 2 other characteristics clusters, etc.
- Your cluster labels must be specific (e.g., Knowledges or Other characteristics orMiscellaneous are NOT appropriate labels).
- KSAO statements must not be phrased as tasks, duties, or responsibilities (i.e., theyshould not be actions or verbs).
- Rate each KSAO according to frequency it is performed on the job (1=very low, 5=veryhigh). Indicate these ratings with F= for each task (see example at the end of theproject).
- Rate each KSAO according to its importance on the job (1=very low, 5=very high).Indicate these ratings with I= for each task (see example at the end of the project).