I’m working on a computer science discussion question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
Organizations are struggling to reduce and right-size their information foot-print, using data governance techniques like data cleansing and de-duplication. Why is this effort necessary? Briefly explain and support from your readings, using APA style citations. Remember to appropriately respond to two other learners for full credit.
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least two of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.