Prior to completing this discussion read Chapters 8 and 9 in Nuri-Robins, Lindsey, Lindsey, & Terrell (2011).
Initial Post: Create an initial response that addresses the following:
Part 1: Research
- Locate three scholarly sources that address biases in testing, the universal design of learning, differentiated instruction, and non-dominant language learners in teaching and learning. 300 words
- Provide the full APA citation of each sources
- Provide a summary, between 75 and 125 words, for each source.
Part 2: Reflect
Answer the following questions:
- What relationships exist among biases in testing and non-dominant language learners upon diversity responsive teaching?
- What are the relationships among differentiated instruction and non-dominant language learners upon diversity responsive teaching?
Guided Response: Initial post should be at least 300 words. Post responses to at least two classmates. In your response, reflect on your classmates responses. Questions you might consider in your response include:
- What does bias in testing look like?
- How do you support the needs of non-dominate language learners in the classroom?
- What does differentiated instruction look like?