I’m working on a law question and need a sample draft to help me study.
Use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
Since 2010, law enforcement agencies in America have been using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) to locate criminal activity in America. The Fourth Amendment to the Constitution deals with search and seizure issues. Americans are generally protected from unreasonable search and seizure without a search warrant having been issued by a magistrate.
Share your responses to the following points:
- Define Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) and discuss how these vehicles are used by law enforcement agencies.
- Identify how drones are used currently and by which agencies.
- Discuss how states are reacting to the prospect of using drones to collect evidence.
- Explain your opinion on whether a search warrant is required before a drone can be flown over or near private property for the purpose of obtaining evidence of criminal activity.
- Discuss the other legitimate uses of drones as a law enforcement resource.
Note: Conduct external research to adequately address these points.