I’m working on a writing report and need a reference to help me understand better.
Documentary Review Assignment: The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez Guidelines and Prompt
This semester we will be watching the Netflix docuseries, The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez,” in class, however, if you miss class you will be required to watch it on your own time (links to the episodes will be provided in Canvas). Due to the pandemic, we will be transitioning your volunteer assignment requirements to this docuseries review assignment. This assignment will require a combination of research of LA County Child Welfare Services Department, examination of all other people involved in Gabriels life, along with reflections of the course outline, class lectures, and small group discussions.
Your Assignment Must Consist of the Following Sections:
1. Cover Page
3. Agency Introductiona.
a. What is the LA DCFS mission statement? You will find a lot of information using the following link: https://dcfs.lacounty.gov/about/who-we-are/
b. Describe the target population in detail, including pertinent information related to age, gender, socio-economic status, race, culture, ethnicity, etc. (What population does the Department of Child and Family Services Serve) https://dcfs.lacounty.gov/about/who-we-are/
c. Does the agency respect self-determination? Describe how the agency does or does not respect self-determination.
d. Give one specific example to support your point of view.
4. Social Work Theories and Approach – Choose one of the following social work theories or approaches and apply them to the work being done at The Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS). (Which theory do DCFS social workers utilize in their work?) The Strengths Perspective, Ecological Systems Theory, Systems Theory, Person-in-Environment
a. Define the theory/approach you chose
b. Give an example from the Gabriel Fernandez Docuseries
5. Social Work Interventions – Choose one of the following social work interventions: Individual Casework, Case Management, Individual or family counseling, Group work, Client advocacy, Community organizing (to include outreach work and attempts to change social policy or legislation).
a. Define the social work intervention you chose.
b. Give example of how the intervention was used.
c. Were these interventions effective or ineffective? Why or why not? i.Be sure to support your statements with at least one example from each of the interventions that you have chosen.
d. Which NASW code of ethics did social workers violate? Define the code of ethics you chose and give an example of how it was violated.
a. What do you think you would have done differently if your supervisor instructed you to do something against your code of ethics?
b. Which intervention would you have chosen had you been Gabriels social worker, what would you have done differently, and why?
c. What did you learn about yourself from watching this docuseries?
7. References Page
8. Annotated Bibliography
You are expected to use a minimum of 3 quotations/citations from the Netflix Docuseries The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez, course/outline, to define and support the use of social work theories, approaches, values, and practice methods in this assignment.
Video Submission: Video submissions must be a recording of you speaking – presentation style. You must use/provide a PowerPoint – a minimum of 1 slide per question – No more than 30 words per slide (That way you cannot simply read off the slides). Minimum length 15 minutes – however, I expect thorough answers. Must include References Page slide.
Paper Submission: APA format, 12pt. Times New Roman font, double spaced, & one-inch margins. Minimum 8 pages – Maximum 9 pages.
Paper Formatting: APA has very specific formatting requirements. Your paper MUST include the following topic headers in italic font. The paper will have the following sections, in the order provided below. Topic headers are essentially titles of each section, written in as follows:
1. Cover Page
3. Agency Introduction
4. Social Work Theories and Approach
5. Social Work Interventions
7. References Page
1. There will be one References section for the paper, located at the end of the paper, in APA format. A sample APA format References page is available with a sample APA format paper located in Canvas under Files.