I’m working on a business discussion question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Free Trade and Government Regulations
[WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 1, 2, 4, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read Chapters 6 through 8 in the course textbook.
The concept of free trade has been a debated topic for decades. Is free trade really free? What role do governments play in free trade? What are the pros and cons of free trade for countries and for the planet? In a 500- to 700-word paper argue for or against the concept of free trade. (Make sure to address the questions above.) Support your paper with at least four sources, two of which must be scholarly.
In your paper,
- Analyze the idea of free trade.
- Evaluate the pros and cons of free trade for countries and the planet.
- Evaluate the role governments play in free trade.
The Free Trade and Government Regulations paper
- Must be 500 to 700 words, not including title page and reference page, and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Student’s name
- Name of institution (University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Title of paper in bold font
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least four sources, two of which must be scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view The University of Arizona Global Campus Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide,
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
- Must include at least one level of headings in APA Style.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.