I’m working on a writing multi-part question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
Throughout the next six weeks, you will plan and propose a quantitative research design of your choice, which may (or may not) involve an area of interest for your doctoral dissertation. You will select a research topic, generate testable hypotheses, review relevant literature, describe participant selection procedures, identify data collection methods, describe the proposed quantitative research design, address potential ethical problems, and describe limitations of your research proposal.
This assignment is the third step toward completing your final research proposal in Week 6. In a one to two page paper, in addition to the Title Page and References Page, answer the following. Please use the Kallet (2004) article for further guidance on how to prepare the methods section.
Participant Selection and Sampling Procedures: Explain how you will select your sample. This part of your proposal should read like a detailed set of instructions that someone else could follow and execute without your help. You should cover the following questions:
- Who or what is your target population?
- What is your sample size?
- Where will you obtain your sample?
- Is the sample representative of the defined population?
- How many groups will you have?
- What sampling method do you plan to use (e.g., randomization, convenience sampling, etc.)? Why do you plan to use this method as opposed to others that are available?
- How will the sample be collected?
Be sure to discuss how informed consent, privacy, anonymity, and confidentiality will be addressed in the study.
Be sure to include an APA formatted title page and references page.