I’m working on a writing project and need support to help me understand better.
As an experienced early childhood educator at ABC Early Learning and in your community, you have been asked to present a workshop training at a local early childhood education conference about Language and Literacy Learning. Your audience is other early childhood educators in your area in your preferred type of program: Infant/toddler (ages 1-3), Preschool (ages 3-5), or young School Age (ages 6-8).
Choose one age group as the focus of your workshop. Create a comprehensive workshop presentation for the conference, including an outline of the workshop contents, a PowerPoint presentation, and a list of references used for your workshop contents.
Your comprehensive outline should include the following components:
- Language/Speech Development for your chosen age group. Include key components and milestones, influences, importance, and potential challenges.
- Literacy Development for your chosen age group. Include key components and milestones, influences, importance, and potential challenges.
- Dual Language Learners in your chosen age group. Include differences and similarities, and other considerations.
- Assessing and Planning for children in your chosen age group. How do you best assess their development in language and literacy and prepare for their future learning? Provide examples.
- Activities and Strategies for encouraging both language and literacy development for your chosen age group in a group childcare setting. Provide 8-10 ideas with brief descriptions and photos.
- Reference list with at least four credible resources to support your content. The resources can originate from the course or other credible sources.
Your PowerPoint presentation will serve as a supportive visual for your presentation and will help propel the workshop forward. It should be limited in text content (not too wordy) and include color and visuals (photos, clip art, etc.) appropriate for your age group. Include the following:
- Title slide
- Introduction slide
- At least two slides for each component listed in your outline
- Reference slide
Proofread your work and be sure it is free of grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. Submit your outline and PowerPoint presentation in one zipped (.zip) file.
For assistance with creating a zipped (compressed) file, please visit the Rasmussen FAQ: How to Zip Files.