I’m working on a humanities discussion question and need guidance to help me study.
Smuggling human beings and human trafficking need further clarification because these concepts are generally thought of as similar or identical (Busch-Armendariz, Nsonwu, Cook, Heffron & Mahapatra, 2014, p. 30). The two terms and their definitions are often confused due to the intricate ways in which they interconnect. Exploitation is the major difference between human trafficking and human smuggling (Bruckert & Parent, 2002; Clawson et al., 2006).
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Differentiate between human trafficking and human smuggling
- Textbook: Human Trafficking: Applying Research, Theory, and Case Studies
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read the information in Human Trafficking: Applying Research, Theory, and Case Studies on the differences between human trafficking and human smuggling (pp. 30-31).
- Post a 1-2 paragraph discussion (around one page) regarding the contents of the table on p. 31. Please comment on differences between the two concepts: human trafficking and human smuggling. What is the main difference between the two? Are there any similarities? If so, what are they?
- Your initial post is due by the end of the fifth day of the workshop
- Your postings should also:
- Be well developed by providing clear answers with evidence of critical thinking.
- Add greater depth to the discussion by introducing new ideas.
- Provide clarification to classmates questions and provide insight into the discussion.
- Be posted on two different days during the workshop.
- I will share access to Ebook if needed