I’m working on a english multi-part question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
Introduction: Your extra credit opportunity in this course involves performing research on technical writing in your field (current or future career). You will perform research from at least 4 sources, and then you will summarize what you learned about technical writing from each source in a memo. You will address the memo to me (Professor Bishop). You must follow the requirements below to earn any credit for the submission! This extra credit activity is worth up to 30 points.
Source and Research Requirements:
- Use 4+ strong sources (click here for more information on “strong” sources)
- Use in-text, parenthetical citations (click here for an explanation of the difference between MLA and APA parenthetical citations)
- Avoid plagiarism by using quotations for direct language. You must still use citations for paraphrased or summarized information. Click here for more information on avoiding plagiarism.
- Provide a Works Cited or References page
- 2-3 page memo, containing all the major requirements of a memo (Ch. 14), including:
- memo header and heading
- informative and well-designed headings
- a purpose statement, summary, discussion, and conclusion/recommendations section