I’m working on a sociology discussion question and need an explanation to help me learn.
Conflict Analysis Practice (3 pages double spaced 12 font) apa format
View a clip of a conflict scene and analyze it through what you have learned in class through activities, discussions, readings and your own experience. Choose ONE of these three video clips:
Your essay should cover:
- Any 5 Core Concerns you observe (identify only those present in the video, not all 5, and be specific about how your evidence ties to the concern)
- Feelings demonstrated by each party (refer to your Feelings Wheel)
- Possible needs demonstrated by each party (refer to Marshall Rosenbergs NVC text and the handouts on Blackboard)
- Any observations you can make about nonverbal communication
- Interests (stated in neutral language). Note that interests and positions are different: state interests only.
- Any interventions used, with your own original analysis about their effectiveness. Consider what purpose the intervention was meant to serve, its possible benefits and risks, and how the other party(ies) responded. Cite evidence from the video. Alternatively, you can suggest interventions that you think would have improved the conflict conversations, and why.