I’m working on a political science writing question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
Essay. Give complete answers to any two (2) of the following questions. Twenty (20) points each.
- Drawing from chapter 9 in the Bardes text, as well as lecture notes/modules, please explain and analyze factors that contribute to the low voter turnout in the United States.
- Is the American electorate divided and polarized? Please give detailed explanations and the points of argument and logic for both the “Fiorina” and “Jacobson” schools of thought.
- Please explain and describe the landmark Supreme Court case, Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, KA. (1954). Explain (A) How the court ruled, (B) how the court came to this conclusion and (C) the overall significance and further implications of this ruling.
- Please give a detailed analysis of the “Rally Around the Flag” effect. Specifically, what is it? What are the causes and conditions? Historical examples? How did it apply to immediate post-September 11 public opinion and President GW Bush?
- Please give detailed explanation and analysis of the 1965 Voting Rights Act – in particular, sections IV & V of the legislation. Also, give the Supreme Court ruling on the sections in Shelby Co. v. Holder (2013), and how the court’s ruling effected the law and voting rights.