I’m working on a political science discussion question and need an explanation to help me study.
Discussion- State and local officials
Add a original posting to the discussion topic in this forum (remember one posting is due by Thursday night) (to do so, just click the “reply” button below). In your post please include your discussion of the following topic:
Research one ofyour local or state legislators. NOTE: These must be a California orlocal government within California official.
For example, if you live in San Francisco you could selectyour district’s Board of Supervisor member, your State Assemblyrepresentative, or your State Senator. Note that this must be on aCalifornia state or local level elected legislative official! You coulduse the address for City College of San Francisco to determine whomakes decisions in the area where the college is located.
Find information on your selected representative’s partyaffiliation, professional background, positions on policy issues and/orrecent legislative work. Summarize this information in your discussion. Be certain to include or cite your sources’ information. Do NOT plagiarize!!
Evaluate how well you believe this individual is serving yourdistrict. Be specific in your evaluation with examples of what youbelieve shows successes and/or failure/shortcomings in representation.
You should include your sources and analysis. Remember that Wikipedia is not a college level source.!!
INITIAL POST DUE – THURSDAY
REPLY TO 2 CLASSMATES DUE- SATURDAY
For this paper assignment, you must choose and research one ofthe California or San Francisco propositions from the past twoelections. You can find information in this module with links toexternal sources in the lines following this assignment in this module.When you have selected one of the California or San Franciscopropositions, you need to include answers to ALL of the followingquestions:
- Identify what proposition you have selected and what specific election it was placed before voters
- A concise summary of the issue or question that voters are being asked
- Who is supporting and who is opposing the proposition and why?
- The arguments about why the measure should or should not pass – make certain to provide your analysis
- Who you believe would likely or did support and oppose the proposition – their characteristics or views about government
- Your prediction of the election outcome and find the election results.Remember that your analysis is based on how you believe people willvote and the overall outcome, not how you would vote, but you mayinclude that information if you wish. Note if your prediction andoutcome were different why you believe that was the case.
- What you believe would be the best outcome for the community or public at large?