I’m working on a public health question and need guidance to help me learn.
- Create an op-ed (fact-based opinion piece) on the creative method you presented and why people should adopt it. Follow the format in the rubric (attached):
- Introduction: briefly describe the creative project described in the scholarly article you found. State whether or not you would recommend it to public health juniors and seniors.
- Your argument: use evidence such as published works, public health guidelines and your own experiences to describe why your opinion is correct. You must include at least one recent article from another peer-reviewed academic paper in this section.
- Address opposing arguments: think of the opposite opinion. Imagine you are arguing with someone. If you were to pick out some criticisms of the project described in the paper, what are they?
- Your recommendation: wrap up your thoughts and summarize why you recommend the activity discussed in the paper you found.
2-3 pages is enough