I’m working on a computer science writing question and need support to help me learn.
Cyber Security Basics Assignment 3.0 (graded out of 10 points)
We have surveyed various types of malware in class, ranging from harmless/annoying to profoundly destructive. Read the accompanying PDF paper on the Slammer Worm from IEEE Security and Privacy (link is right next to this assignment link). Write a brief analysis of the worm, specifically addressing:
- The attack mechanism
- How it takes advantage of exploits (i.e. buffer overflow)
- How it spreads to other systems
- How it was eventually stopped from spreading.
- Read the Case Study of Insider Sabotage: The Tim Lloyd / Omega Case (link to PDF document right under the link to this assignment).Write a brief summary of this case study. In your summary, be sure to answer the following questions:
- What happened at Omega?
- What was lost/damaged/compromised?
- Why was it so easy for Tim Lloyd able to do what he did?
- How could the company have prevented such actions?
- Why did the secret service get involved?