I’m working on a writing report and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
1. In the novel, Thomas Stone asks, “What treatment in an emergency is administered by ear?” The correct answer is “Words of comfort.” Write an essay that responds to the following questions:
- How does this moment encapsulate the book’s surprising take on medicine?
- Reflect on the the relationship between death, dying and “words of comfort”
- Have your experiences with doctors and hospitals held this to be true? Why or why not?
- What does Cutting for Stone tell us about the roles of compassion, faith, and hope in medicine?
- The minimum number of words for this assignment is 1500.
- Cite all information that is not your own in APA style. You can find more information on citation here: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- Include references at the end of the discussion in APA style
2.For this assignment you will write a book review for either “Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese”
- Minimum number of word for this assignment is 1,500 single spaced. Less than 1500 will have point deductions, more is acceptable
- Use APA style for both in text citation and in the reference section
- Cite all sources of information or data used in your review that are not your own