I’m working on a nursing question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Topic: Linked Application
A middle-range theory has fewer concepts and propositions than a grand theory which align with nursing practice and guide research. Conceptual models guide the direction of the propositions and empirically testable hypotheses used to create or refine middle-range theories. The progression from conceptual model to middle-range theory can be identified by reviewing Kings theory of goal attainment (middle-range theory) which is derived from Kings conceptual system (conceptual model).
Choose a conceptual model and middle-range theory. Explain how the concepts of the conceptual model and middle-range theory are consistent and are linked.
2-3 Paragraphs, APA 7 Format only (Sample attached) List 3 peer reviewed references published within the last 5 years.
Philosophies and theories for advanced nursing practice
- Chapter 8: “Feminist Ethics: Some Applicable Thoughts for Advanced Practice Nurses”
- Chapter 9: “Theories and Methods in Ethics”
Please retrieve and read the following Journal articles from the Library. Articles can be located through a search in the CINAHL database, OVID database, Course Documents, or by using the link at the end of the reference if provided.
Barlem, E. D., & Ramos, F. S. (2015). Constructing a theoretical model of moral distress. Nursing Ethics, 22(5), 608-615.
Shultz, S., & Hand, M. W. (2015). Usability: A concept analysis. Journal of Theory Construction & Testing, 19(2), 65-70
Younas, A. (2017). A foundational analysis of Dorothea Orem’s self-care theory and evaluation of its significance for nursing practice and research. Creative Nursing, 23(1), 13-23. doi:10.1891/1078-4535.23,1.13
Resources to help you navigate the Library include:
- A direct link to the Library resources relevant to nursing is https://library.purdueglobal.edu/un_nursing_resources
- Academic Research Primer. (2018). Retrieved from https://library.purdueglobal.edu/researchprimer88347&sid=2371334
- Nursing and medical/health studies guide. (2012). Higher Education Corporation. Retrieved from https://library.purdueglobal.edu/nursingresearchguide
- University Library. (Producer). (2016). Introduction to the Online Library [Video file]. Available from https://librarymedia-a.akamaihd.net/video/library_introduction_video/index.html