I’m working on a computer science multi-part question and need support to help me study.
Wk 1, MIS6210
In this assignment, you will explore the concept of business intelligence (BI) and its role in helping management make decisions. You will apply the concepts from your Week 1 readings to explore the different technologies used in BI and the role of these tools in the different decision-making processes.
- How do you define BI?
- How can BI help management make decisions?
- Do managers need to be experts in information technology (IT) in order to use BI tools? What role do next-generation BI applications play in this case.
Course Project Part 1—Gaining a Competitive Advantage
In this assignment, we will explore the role of BI in helping companies achieve a competitive advantage. You will use this week’s reading material and any third-party resources (scholarly journals) to research examples of organizations (such as amazon.com and Google) that benefited from BI tools in creating systems that attract users (and keep them).
- Discuss the significance of BI tools in providing organizations with a competitive advantage.
- Discuss the significance of BI tools in customer relationship management (CRM).
- Identify specific BI tools and evaluate the effectiveness of each tool and its significance in the making of different decisions. Consider different types of decisions that managers need to make.
- Discuss the forces shaping BI tools to become more commercialized toward non-IT specialists.
- BI tools can enable different organizations, possibly under the same parent organization, or different companies, to provide services to each other. Provide an example of organizations that depend heavily on BI tools to provide services for each other and describe how the BI services are offered and how the organizations derive value from the services.
- Write your paper in 4 to 5 pages as a Microsoft Word document.