I’m working on a management project and need support to help me understand better.
Using the Assignment 1 Template, address the following
:1. Introduction and Playing Field Description: Provide an opening paragraph that explains the purposeof your brief, then detail the specific target segment of the market where you are choosing to compete.You should ensure the target segment is sufficiently large to achieve your company’s sales and profitgrowth objectives, but sufficiently focused so that your company can intimately understand marketcharacteristics and compete effectively. The template provided for this assignment guides you on howto organize relevant information, including:
a. Your company (McDonald’s)
b. The industry for your organization of choice
c. The market size of this industry
d. Specific description of the segment of this industry in which you will compete (the Playing Field)
e. Brief explanation of why you selected this segment.
2. Competitive Analysis
In this section you will identify the two most formidable competitors in yourplaying field and address the following for each:
a. How big is each competitor in this target segment?
b. What is their most significant strength and their most significant weakness?
c. Briefly explain how this strength and this weakness impact their ability to compete effectively.
d. Does their recent performance indicate they are generally winning or losing in this playing field?Support your conclusions with data.
e. Has anyone (including new market entrants) introduced any game-changing newproducts/technology/capabilities? Have they developed (or lost) a key competitive advantage?
3. Organizational Assessment; In this section you will “turn the mirror around” and look inward to assessthe capabilities and competencies of your chosen organization. Briefly address the following:
a. How big are we in this target segment?b. What is our most significant strength and our most significant weakness?
c. Briefly explain how this strength and this weakness impact our ability to compete effectively.
d. Do our recent results indicate we are generally winning or losing in this playing field? Supportyour conclusions with data.
e. Have we introduced game-changing new products/technology/capabilities? Have we developed(or lost) a key competitive advantage?
4. Key Conclusions: Provide a succinct conclusion that captures your critical insights about the targetsegment and the relative competitive balance of the three companies you analyzed.
5. References: Include in-text citations for all data, assertions, and facts, and a corresponding referencelist. Appendices are allowable if additional supplemental information is needed for the brief.Formatting and Submission Requirements
• Use the Assignment 1 Template to complete this assignment. Ensure you address each element of thetemplate
.• The submitted template should be 2 to 3 pages (not including the cover page or appendixes/referencespage)
.• Typed, single-spaced, professional font (size 10 – 12) with one-inch margins on all sides.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, professor’s name, and the coursetitle and date.
• Use and reference at least 3 external sources to support your brief. Include a references page at theend documenting sources and citations.
• You may use additional headings within the template to identify subtopics if this will improve the clarity ofyour template
.• You are welcome to include charts, tables, and graphs in-text or in an appendix.