I’m working on a management question and need an explanation to help me learn.
You have been hired as the advocacy coordinator for the local NAMI affiliate. Working along with other stakeholders, you are advocating for change in the mental health delivery system in your state. After some research, you decide that the stigma associated with mental illness may be playing a role in the willingness of legislators to make system change a priority. The group has asked you to make a presentation to legislators to reduce the impact of stigma and encourage support for system change.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read Chapter 13 in Basics of the U.S. Health Care System
- Review the article entitled Americas Long-Suffering Mental Health System located at https://origins.osu.edu/article/americas-long-suffering-mental-health-system.
- Research the stigma associated with mental health conditions and its impact.
- Review the National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI) webpage on the StigmaFree campaign located at https://www.nami.org/stigma.
- Develop a 10 12 slide presentation designed to educate about stigma and encourage support of improving the mental health delivery system.
- The presentation must consider the audience; in this case, state legislators.
- The slide presentation must include supporting information in the notes section. Help on how to use the notes section of PowerPoint can be found at https://support.office.com/en-us/article/add-speaker-notes-to-your-slides-26985155-35f5-45ba-812b-e1bd3c48928e.
- Citations of sources and graphics, as appropriate, and a reference page must be included in the presentation using APA formatting.
- The title and reference slides do not count toward the number of slides required for this presentation.