I’m working on a nursing writing question and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
- In your textbook, Professional Nursing: Concepts and Challenges, review the section about spirituality in Chapter 13, “Nurses, Patients, and Families: Caring at the Intersection of Health, Illness, and Culture.”
- Review the Resources for Workshop 3: Cultural Considerations and Spirituality.
- Write a 3.5-4.5 page paper using APA format and address the following areas:
- Define the concepts of religion and spirituality supporting these definitions with citations from professional literature that you have read.
- Describe the difference between religion and spirituality.
- Discuss your personal definition of spirituality.
- Describe the role of spirituality in providing holistic nursing care.
- Describe a spiritual assessment tool that you have found through your research. Several tools are known by their acronyms, such as CSI-MEMO, FICA, HOPE, SPIRIT, and FAITH.
- Describe your personal comfort level with assessing and providing spiritual care. Would you ever consider using one of these assessment tools?
- Describe effective ways to deliver appropriate nursing interventions to address spiritual needs.
- Discuss ways to provide spiritual care to patients who are not of the Christian perspective.
- Describe a personal clinical experience of providing spiritual care.
- A minimum of three references should be cited within this paper. These references must be from professional literature and must support the definitions for religion and spirituality included in your paper. Online dictionaries are not considered professional literature nor are websites or blogs There are some excellent articles on religion and healthcare written over five years ago, so the requirement for an article that is current within the last five years does not apply to this paper.
- This paper is to be written in FIRST person.