I’m working on a nursing Essay and need a sample draft to help me learn.
Title: Information Technology, Safety, and Patient Outcome
(Information and technology skills are essential for all nurses to have, but especially for nurse informaticists. This assignment requires you to consider how information and technology connect to patient care outcomes and a safe care environment.)
1. Explain why information and technology skills are essential for safe patient care.
2. Identify your role as baccalaureate prepared nurse’s (BSN) for the use of information and technology to improve safety and patient outcomes. What will you as the BSN prepared nurse do differently?
3. Provide at least three examples of how nurses use technology to make patient and health care-related decisions.
4. Analyze relationship between the quality and integrity of data entered into a database and the resulting effect on the quality of patient care. Give an example of “good” data.
Format your assignment as one of the following in a 875 word paper
Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources, and develop an APA-formatted reference page.
-Explains why information and technology skills are essential for safe patient care
-Identifies the baccalaureate nurse’s role in championing the use of information and technology to improve safety and patient outcomes
-Provides at least 3 examples of how nurses use technology to make health care-related decisions
-Analyzes the relationship between the quality and integrity of data entered into a database and the resulting effect on the quality of patient care
-Includes a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources/ Follows a structure and style that is clear and concise, free of errors in grammar, syntax, and mechanics/ Follows correct APA formatting
–Resources (don’t HAVE to use these, but they are available)
- Aathi, M. K., (2014). Nursing informatics: The emerging field. Asian Journal of Nursing Education & Research, 4(1), 127-130.
- Bowles, K. H., Dykes, P., & Demiris, G., (2015). The use of health information technology to improve care and outcomes for older adults. Research in Gerontological Nursing, 8(1), 5-10.
- McGonigle, D., Hunter, K., Sipes, C., et al., (2014). Why nurses need to understand nursing informatics: Everyday informatics. Association of Operating Room Nurses. AORN, 100(3), 324-327.
- Piscotty Jr., R. J., Kalisch, B., & Gracey-Thomas, A. (2015). Impact of healthcare information technology on nursing practice. Image – Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 47(4), 287-293.
- Sensmeier, J., (2011). Transforming nursing practice through technology and informatics. Nursing Management, 42(11), 20-23.