I’m working on a business case study and need support to help me understand better.
Final Project: Servant Leadership Attributes Assessment and Action Plan
A key goal of this course is to allow you the opportunity to examine your current leadership style against the styles proposed by the servant-leadership model. In A Review of Servant-Leadership Attributes: Developing a Practical Model, 19 attributes of servant leadership are identified.
For this final assignment, discuss servant-leadership principles and practices from both a professional and personal perspective.
- From a professional standpoint, in your introduction provide a big-picture synthesis of servant leadership and organizational stewardship, exploring how they affect an organization’s culture and Human Resource strategy, and present how they can impact organizational development.
- In additional sections, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of servant-leadership and stewardship practices by evaluating ways an organization can create a competitive advantage through adopting a servant-leadership philosophy and identifying obstacles that organizations may face when attempting to change their corporate culture. Provide your informed personal opinion on realistically implementing servant-leadership/organizational stewardship practices in your current organization.
- From a personal perspective, select 5 attributes from the 19 servant-leadership attributes covered throughout the course, which you feel compelled or equipped to develop and enhance in order to implement them in your current or future professional role. (In this section please feel free to use material from your prior essays but please make any suggested corrections.)
- Provide a comprehensive action plan which includes actions and resources needed to enhance these attributes in addition to discussing how you will monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of your efforts.
- Provide a summary of learnings and actions (key take aways from the course) and in your conclusion section please provide a summary of your key points, and discuss the long-term benefits of servant-leadership.
Approach to the Final Assignment
- In addition to drawing on your readings from this course, you will be expected to conduct additional research to complete this assignment. Research sources include the Myers Library, and/or credible Internet sources. Wikipedia is not considered a credible research source for academic writing.
- The final paper is NOT a cumulative project but you may use some of your prior work related to 5 of the 19 servant-leadership attributes. Any prior work must reflect corrections and instructions for improvement provided by your instructor in your weekly paper submissions.
- This final paper should be no less than 16 pages long – excluding cover and reference pages, and no longer than 20 pages. It must be double spaced, and conform to APA writing standards for structure, citations, grammar and spelling.
- You should cite a minimum of 4 scholarly sources on your reference page. You may only use sources which you cite either through paraphrasing or by directly quoting in the text.