I’m working on a literature writing question and need a sample draft to help me study.
Week 5 Critical Thinking Exercise
For as long as there have been teachers, students, and literature courses, there have been research papers. But do we ever stop to think about WHY these things are assigned?
This week’s CT Exercise should provide a meaningful response to some or all of the following questions:
- Why are research papers an important assignment in terms of critical thinking? Why do you think professors assign them (seriously)?
- For that matter, why assign a topic proposal a few weeks in advance of the actual paper being due?
- Why do professors ask students to acquire and meaningfully use professional research in academic writing?
- Why is it important or necessary to cite our research both in-text, and on the works cited page? Why not just one place or the other?
- How can an assignment like this one be useful in other classes, besides English?