I’m working on a humanities question and need guidance to help me understand better.
Link for the Slavery Footprint website: http://
Understanding the push-pull factors related to human trafficking assists one in understanding the scope of the problem. “Push factors are circumstances that contribute to individuals’ forced migration across borders, geographical areas, or districts and other vulnerabilities to being trafficked. Push factors include war, natural disasters, poverty, homelessness, overpopulation, unemployment, and social collapse. Pull factors are those elements that draw people to cross borders or geographic locations and contribute to demand” (Busch-Armendariz, Nsonwu & Heffron, 2018, p. 20). You must have both push and pull factors for there to be human trafficking. Without the demand side, there would be no market to exploit human beings and without the push side, there would be no one to exploit. As you review the push-pull factors, consider the impact on the individual (victim/survivor).
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Identify push-pull factors related to human trafficking
- Textbook: Human Trafficking: Applying Research, Theory, and Case Studies
- Website: Slavery Footprint
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read and review the multiple sections in your textbook Human Trafficking: Applying Research, Theory, and Case Studies that apply to push-pull factors (page listings can be found in the index).
- Choose one push factor that stood out to you and comment on it. Specifically, how did this push factor impact the individual (3-4 sentences)?
- Review the Slavery Footprint website and take the survey to find out how many slaves are working for you. How do the goods consumed by normal Americans affect the demand side or pull factor of human trafficking?
- Share an insight or an “ah-ha” moment you gained from the completion of this assignment.
- When you have completed your work, save a copy for yourself and submit your work using the assignment submission page by the end of the workshop.
- I will share access to Ebook if needed