I’m working on a psychology question and need guidance to help me learn.
Social Welfare Policy and Program PowerPoint Presentation
Congratulations! The hiring committee was impressed by your interview and case study sample in Unit 4. You were selected for the job and now have been tasked with your first major project. For this assignment, you have been asked to create a professional PowerPoint presentation (and provide notes on each slide) for the team, analyzing policies and programs in social welfare, paying particular attention to multiculturalism and diversity, social justice, and inequality.
For this assignment, please respond to the following:
Slide 1: Title Slide
Slides 2 & 3: Identify one social welfare policy related to a major social problem from the textbook, such as criminal justice, child welfare, mental health, housing, or disabilities. Explain the purpose, history, and main components of the policy.
Slide 4: Briefly explain how the policy promotes social justice and responds to inequality and institutional discrimination that affect diverse populations.
Slides 5 & 6: Next, research and identify a program, preferably one that exists in your community or state, which provides services related to this policy. Explain the program’s purpose or mission, the location/demographics, target population, and interventions provided within the program. For example, a behavioral health program that serves youth ages 13-18 in a certain location providing individual and group counseling interventions
Slides 7, 8, & 9: Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of both the policy and the program in terms of how well it addresses multiculturalism and diversity. For example, does the policy and program specifically reach out to diverse populations or does it ignore or limit the multicultural dimensions of helping?
Slides 10 & 11: How does the program and policy address at least two of the following: social justice principles, systemic or institutional barriers, or inequality and poverty?
Slide 12: References
Your Assignment should be a 10-slide presentation, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
- Title page: Provide your name, title of Assignment, course and section number, and date
- Body: Answer all the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
- Your responses should reflect professional writing standards using proper tone and language. The writing should use correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and the responses should reflect knowledge of human service theories.
- Reference page: Sources in APA format
- Include a minimum of four scholarly, academic sources, with one of these references being the textbook.
- Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font
- Use APA Formatting and Citation style