I’m working on a public health project and need a sample draft to help me study.
- Use critical thinking and metacomprehension to analyze and answer the research questions in the Mini-Case Study as noted in Discussion 3. The following should be included:
- Research nonfinancial indicators such as occupancy rate and length of stay.
- Research the financial impact of readmissions, and a cost-benefit of using a discharge call center for cardio patients.
- Create a thesis statement based on the scenario above that is relevant to financial management in healthcare delivery. Write a 2-page paper in APA (2020) format. Include a cover page an abstract, and a reference page with 3 peer-reviewed References . A paper has a beginning paragraph, the body, and a conclusion that follows SESC of state, explain, support, and conclude.
- Note the following: Case Study
- Mr. Jones is an 87-year-old widower who lives alone. He was admitted to the hospital through the ER for shortness of breath and swollen ankles. After an extensive interview, the admitting physician discovered that Mr. Jones had been admitted two weeks earlier with the same symptoms and had been diagnosed with congestive heart failure. After a four-day stay, Mr. Jones had been transferred to a skilled nursing facility, where he had spent three days before being discharged home with a prescription for a diuretic to help reduce fluid buildup. The admitting physician discovered that no one at the hospital or the skilled nursing facility explained to Mr. Jones the importance of maintaining a low-sodium diet. Mr. Jones had attended a grandchild’s birthday and eaten several hotdogs before his latest symptoms appeared.
- Who should be financially responsible for the costs related to Mr. Jones’s latest admission?
- Should Medicare, or any insurer, pay for readmissions related to errors in discharge instructions?
- Would it be different if Mr. Jones received instructions for a low-sodium diet but chose to ignore them?