Instructions: Watchthe video and read the articles. Answer ALL the questions. Simply copyand paste the questions and write at least 4-5 sentences in response toeach question. All answers must be written in your own words. Do notcut and paste text from books or websites.
- What is the significance of this case in the context of the struggle for civil rights?
- Why is segregation harmful? What arguments were presented in court?
- What’s wrong with the “separate but equal doctrine”?
- What did Mendez v. Westminster accomplish? What did it fail to do?
- In what ways did school segregation violate the 14th Amendment?
- Why are schools in California among the most segregated in the nation today?
- What’s the connection between this case and Brown v. Board of Education