I’m working on a writing discussion question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
the topic is: Incarceration or American Exceptionalism for Position
this is the link for the article
- Revisit the Page that details your shape prior to writing the essay as the Pages give you instructions to complete the assignment.
- Write a Thesis Statement that states a stance (Position) or offers a solution (Proposal).
- Offer clear, fully-developed body paragraphs, making sure that compelling and convincing evidence is used.
- Acknowledge the opposition and address it via refutation or concession.
- Make use of
- Ensure that all borrowed material, quotes, and summaries, from the source essays or outside sources is parenthetically cited to avoid plagiarism.
- Offer bibliographic citations for any material you choose to use (it is not required that you use any) in the Works Cited at the end of the paper.
- Write 800+ words.
Proposal Argument Template is: the essay should looks like this
Introduction Paragraph} Background, definition, limitations (offer any of these ideas if applicable)
Motivator (perhaps offer an anecdote to show why the problem is a problem)
Thesis (Primary Assertion)
Offer solution to the problem you have chosen
Body Paragraphs} Topic Sentence (Minor or Sub Assertions)
Give steps of your solution
Fund your solution
Last Body Paragraph} Opposition’s Claims (Acknowledge)
Refutation or Concession
Give alternative solution (s) & show why yours is better.
Conclusion Paragraph} Restated Thesis
Call to Action or Pass Judgment**
**If none apply, then simply offer a “clincher”