I’m working on a nursing Capstone and need support to help me learn.
written assessment, determine how health care technology, coordination of care, and community resources can be applied to address the patient, family, or population problem you’ve defined. In addition, plan to spend approximately 2 direct practicum hours exploring these aspects of the problem with the patient, family, or group you’ve chosen to work with and, if desired, consulting with subject matter and industry experts. Report on your experiences during the second 2 hours of your practicum.
As a baccalaureate-prepared nurse, youll be positioned to maximize the use of technology to achieve positive patient outcomes and improve organizational effectiveness. Providing holistic coordination of patient care across the entire health care continuum and leveraging community resource services can lead both to positive patient outcomes and to organizational improvements.
Demonstration of Proficiency
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 4: Apply health information and patient care technology to improve patient and systems outcomes.
- Analyze the impact of health care technology on a patient, family, or population problem.
- Competency 5: Analyze the impact of health policy on quality and cost of care.
- Analyze state board nursing practice standards and/or organizational or governmental policies associated with health technology, care coordination, and community resources.
- Competency 6: Collaborate interprofessionally to improve patient and population outcomes.
- Explain how care coordination and the utilization of community resources can be used to address a patient, family, or population problem.
- Competency 8: Integrate professional standards and values into practice.
- Support main points, assertions, arguments, conclusions, or recommendations with relevant and credible evidence.
- Apply APA style and formatting to scholarly writing.
In this assessment, youll determine how health care technology, coordination of care, and community resources can be applied to address the health problem youve defined. Plan to spend at least 2 direct practicum hours working with the same patient, family, or group. During this time, you may also choose to consult with subject matter and industry experts.
To prepare for the assessment:
- Review the assessment instructions and scoring guide to ensure that you understand the work you will be asked to complete and how it will be assessed.
- Conduct sufficient research of the scholarly and professional literature to inform your assessment and meet scholarly expectations for supporting evidence.
- Review the Practicum Focus Sheet: Assessment 3 [PDF], which provides guidance for conducting this portion of your practicum.
Note: Remember that you can submit all, or a portion of, your draft assessment to Smarthinking for feedback, before you submit the final version. If you plan on using this free service, be mindful of the turnaround time of 2448 hours for receiving feedback.
Complete this assessment in two parts.
Determine how health care technology, the coordination of care, and the use of community resources can be applied to address the patient, family, or population problem youve defined. Plan to spend at least 2 practicum hours exploring these aspects of the problem with the patient, family, or group. During this time, you may also consult with subject matter and industry experts of your choice. Use the Practicum Focus Sheet: Assessment 3 [PDF] provided for this assessment to guide your work and interpersonal interactions.
Report on your experiences during the second 2 hours of your practicum.
- Whom did you meet with?
- What did you learn from them?
- Comment on the evidence-based practice (EBP) documents or websites you reviewed.
- What did you learn from that review?
- Share the process and experience of exploring the effect of the problem on the quality of care, patient safety, and costs to the system and individual.
- Did your plan to address the problem change, based upon your experiences?
- What surprised you, or was of particular interest to you, and why?