I’m working on a criminal justice case study and need a sample draft to help me study.
In 1995, a terrorist organization, Aum Shimrikyo, used sarin gas in Tokyo, Japan. Research the Aum Shinrikyo incident. You will then write a case study of the incident. Your case study should address, at a minimum, the following items:
- Summarize the incident, to include any background information relevant to understanding its occurrence.
- Describe the attributes of a sarin gas attack and why sarin, when used as a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive (CBRNE) agent, is so dangerous.
- Discuss how the sarin gas was dispersed and detected.
- Analyze the impact of the Aum Shinrikyo attack and the potential impact had another dispersal system been used.
- Examine the role of emergency dispatch centers in assisting first responders to choose the correct response and protection equipment in response to this attack. What protective equipment was utilized?
- Analyze how the use of technology factored into the detection and response to this incident.
- Contrast this incident with a similar one that might occur in present day. What differences would we see in the use of technology and protective equipment in both the detection and response phases?
2 pages with a minimum of three sources