I’m working on a algorithms & data structures project and need support to help me learn.
Part 1 – Create a new Workbook for the exam
- Start Excel and create a new blank workbook. Save your new workbook as farah.kazazzi_Excel_Exam1 (including the underscore characters)
- Add additional worksheets to your workbook so you have a total of 3 worksheets and name the worksheets from left to right as follows: Overview, Loan, Payroll
- Using the standard Office theme change the tab colors as follows:
Overview Blue-Gray Text 2, Lighter 60% Loan Orange Accent 2, Lighter 40% Payroll Blue Accent 1, Lighter 40%
- Review – Your worksheets tabs should look like this
- Add 3 Document Properties via the Document Properties panel.
- Author: farah.kazazzi
- Title: Excel Exam 1
- Comments: location where you completed the exam.
- Home: My Home PC
- Cuyamaca College room E206 System 32: E206 System 32
Part 2 – Overview Worksheet – Enter and Format cells
- Make the Overview worksheet the active worksheet.
Insert the header and footer elements in the header / footers areas as shown below.Type your user name in the right side of the header where it says Your Name in the example.Use the Excel built-in elements (highlighted in red) for the remaining header / footer areas.
- In cell A1 enter Southwest Mini-Market #211
- Merge and center the text in cell A1 across columns A to E
- In cell A1 change the font size and background color to an appropriate title combination.
- Similar to what you have done in your Simnet projects.
- In the Overview worksheet cell A3 enter the following shown below.
Income Interest Sales Total Income Expenses Mortgage Payroll Taxes Insurance Phone Internet Utilities Advertising Total Expenses
- Increase the font size for Income and Expenses then indent the other entries except Totals.
- Format the worksheet to make it look business like and professional.
- You will complete this worksheet after you finish the Loan and Payroll worksheets.