I’m working on a english writing question and need support to help me learn.
- Watch the video Jar of Life.
- After watching the video, write down three of the “golf balls” in your life. In other words, what are the three most important things in your life? Identifying the important things in your life, will help you to prioritize how to make decisions on how you spend your time.
- Read Chapter 4 pages 102-118 in your On Course textbook.
- After you read chapter 4, you see that our actions fall into one of four quadrants, depending on their importance and urgency. Write a list of 15 or more specific actions you have taken in the past two days. Be specific. It could be watching TV, writing an essay for your English class, going to dinner with friends, taking care of an elderly parent or young child, or posting on social media apps. Be sure to include a variety of actions.
- Draw a four-quadrant chart like the example on page 104 in your On Course textbook.
- Write each action from your list in Step 1 in the appropriate quadrant on your chart.
- Write a paragraph about what you learned from the Jar of Life video and the quadrant activity. Be sure to address the following two questions in your reflection:
- In which quadrant do you spend the most time?
- What different choices, if any, do you intend to make about how you use time