I’m working on a business question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
Please answer ALL five questions below, referring to the question number (20 points per question).
Clearly indicate each question by the the question number and sub numbers if multiple parts or bullets.
[3-5 pages maximum (cite your sources in the text, 1.5 spacing as you write, and also at the end under References)].
- Using the new LinkedIn application for Students, the table below, or your own research if the IB-related professional field you are attracted to is not listed below. You can start your search there: http://www.onetonline.org/find/ (Links to an external site.) and here: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/occupation-finder.htm (Links to an external site.) ), pick your IB profession, and answer the following questions:
- What are the typical tasks performed by professionals in this field?
- What are the job prospects (growth/decline; data) like for this professional field?
- In your considered professional field, identify two interesting entry-level position openings on a career website such as monster.com or glassdoor.com or LinkedIn (copy & paste the ads as an Appendix at the end of the essay).
As an illustration, here are sample sources for International sales:
http://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=International_Sales_Manager/Salary (Links to an external site.)
https://www.linkedin.com/job/international-sales-jobs/ (Links to an external site.)
http://www.glassdoor.com/Job/international-sales-jobs-SRCH_KO0,19.htm (Links to an external site.)
- Why are you attracted to this type of position?
- What aspects of your personal profile would make you a good match for these jobs?
- What aspects of your personal profile do you perceive as a mismatch for these jobs? How could you overcome these challenges going forward?
- In your considered professional field, identify an experienced and successful professional (a “seasoned veteran” = at least 5 years of job experience in the field) that inspires you:
- copy & paste her/his LinkedIn profile link. Summarize that person’s main professional attributes;
- Lay out an action plan to achieve your professional goal of obtaining one day a position similar to the one your chosen “veteran” occupies (e.g. additional education, travel, internship, types of entry-level positions that would put you on the right path, middle-management positions, networking activities, etc)
- In your considered professional field, identify at least one trade show / job fair / industry convention that you could attend in the USA (it does not have to be in Philadelphia) to meet with employers in that field. It could be an industry event (e.g. automotive, pharma, etc) or focused on a profession (e.g. warehousing, supply chain management, cost control, export financing, etc).
- Please copy & paste the weblink to the event,
- as well as a quick description.
- Share your own testimonial about your IB experience. We might use it verbatim for marketing purpose. Please voluntarily provide the following information (this is not a required as part of the graded assignment):
- FULL Name, Major & Minor or Concentration, Graduation date,
- Employer, Position Title, location, and Salary* or Salary* Range.
If you dont have a job yet, simply right between opportunities.
What made you successful in your job search (CSPD, IB internship course, analytical skills from XYZ course, project-based capstone, IBA engagement, community at Fox & TU?
*This part of your testimonial will be kept strictly confidential and is optional, but very helpful for developing the program.
Examples of previous testimonials:
Recent IB Graduates Testimonials (Verbatim, Non-edited)
The IB program here at Temple taught me how to solve problems and evaluate the risks associated with situations that multinational firms are facing today. Without being pushed to think critically, and work through all of the steps in a process, in my classes I would not have been able to demonstrate those skills in my interview process. Ultimately, landing me the most ideal job to begin my career.
Mia Cooley, IB Major, December 2015 Graduate
Employer, position: Deloitte Consulting LLP, Federal Business Technology Analyst
I wanted to thank the Fox Business School and the International Business Program for providing me with the knowledge, tools and experience to kick start my future. I am proud to inform you that I will be working at Vanguard, in their Flagship Services department at their Malvern headquarters. I believe completing the IB internship course, was a major help in landing a job after graduation. Professor Jane Frankel was a wonderful mentor, and I learned so much about myself and how I can be asset to a company. I am also extremely grateful for my study abroad experience at Temple Rome.
Scott Workman, IB Major, December 2015
Employer, position: Vanguard Flagship Services, Client Relationship Specialist
The professional guidance I received during my time as a student in Foxs International Business Program has been instrumental in both the pursuit and preparation for my first and current post-graduate position as Director of the Chilean and American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia. In my classes, I was taught a comprehensive set of skills which I use on a daily basis to communicate effectively with members, establish and strengthen global partnerships, and perform operational tasks to keep the organization running efficiently. The foundation that my Fox IB Education has provided for me has helped me to manage both obstacles that I fare with now and ones that may arise in the future as I continue to grow my career in the international business community of Philadelphia.
Cristina Lista, IB Major, May 2015 Graduate
Employer, position: Chilean & American Chamber of Commerce (Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce), Executive Director