I’m working on a management presentation and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
Prepare a 10-12 slide presentation. Presentations should be approximately 15 minutes in length so you will need to practice to ensure that you convey essential information effectively.
- Use 10-12 PowerPoint slides to highlight the main points of your presentation
- Your slides should be readable from someone seated in the back of the room. An easy and practical test is to print a slide on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper, stand up and put the sheet of paper at your feet. If the copy is legible from that distance the slide will probably be acceptable to those people sitting at the back of the room.
- Use graphics and charts where appropriate
- You will want slides that have good contrast between the background and the copy or artwork. In a well-lighted room, a dark ground with bright colored letters is more appropriate where as in a darker room you might want a light background with darker letters.
- Use no more than 6 words per line, 6 lines per slide
- The suggestion of six lines of copy and six words per line is a good ballpark standard. You want to avoid full sentences unless it is a definition or a quote. Obviously, most of your slides will not make much sense without the narration that will accompany them; and that is appropriate.
- Use the notes feature to provide more detailed information and justification for your decisions.
- Let’s say that you were scheduled to give your presentation to a group of 25 participants and on the day of the presentation all the participants were on hand but you are sick in bed and cannot make the presentation. One of your teammates must be selected to make the presentation for you but is not aware of what you wanted to say for each slide. Here is where the notes on PowerPoint are important. The notes will have much of the content of the normal project paper and perhaps written in a more conversational style. The notes serve as a reminder to you about what you want to present with each slide. When you are absent, the notes will tell the substitute presenter what you had to say about each slide.
- Follow directions related to content and information sources.
- Please use college level English appropriate to the course material.
- Use APA format for citation and references.
- Check for errors of spelling and grammar.