I’m working on a business discussion question and need support to help me understand better.
Please respond to the following:
- Review the Aldi case study on page 169 of your text. Assess your satisfaction with Aldi and make recommendations about how the company could modify its business-level strategy to both increase your overall level of satisfaction and to attract new customers. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Analyze the five business-level strategies discussed in Chapter 4 to determine which strategy most likely applies to Aldi. Determine how a shopper’s experience might change if it switched to one of the other four strategies (your choice). Explain your rationale.
The five business-level strategies are:
1. The cost leadership strategy- is an integrated set of actions taken to produce products with features that are acceptable to customers at the lowest cost, relative to that of com-petitors.
2. The differentiation strategy- is an integrated set of actions taken to produce products (at an acceptable cost) that customers perceive as being different in ways that are important to them.
3. The focus strategy- is an integrated set of actions taken to produce products that serve the needs of a particular segment of customers.
4. The integrated cost leadership/differentiation strategy- finds a firm engaging simul-taneously in primary value-chain activities and support functions to achieve a low cost position with some product differentiation.
5. Total quality management (TQM)- “involves the implementation of appropriate tools/ techniques to provide products and services to customers with best quality.”
Be sure to respond to at least one of your classmates’ posts.
The class mates post is attached along with the textbook Aldi Case Scenario.