I’m working on a finance project and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
Submit midterm project materials in this quiz area. Each question will have one item highlighted for you to submit in that area.
- Presentation slide deck (PPT or PDF)
- Recording of 5-minute summary of your presentation of your work so far
- FIRST DRAFT short report/paper (max. 4-5 pages!) [The final paper (max. 8-10 pages) will be due as the final project after you receive comments and discussion of the midterm project/report]
The midterm project will require you to apply material learned in the first part of the course. You will provide a draft/ presentation/ slides/ recording that introduces the topic you selected, why it is important, and how you will investigate/discuss/explore it using empirical analysis. The following is a guide for the outline of your paper.
- Problem: A discussion of the problem under consideration.
- Significance: Why is the problem significant or at least interesting?
- Data: Provide descriptive statistics and graphs. Provide visualization. Discuss processing of the data, cleaning, and feature creation.
- Literature: FIVE examples from PEER REVIEWED JOURNALS of how the types of models/theories you selected apply to similar economic conditions
- Type of Models: What model/theory classes did you select? Why?
- Performance / Accuracy: How accurate do you expect your model to be? What is the expected range of error?
- Limitations: What are the limitations of the model you designed?
- Future Work: What would you do in the future to improve your models?
- Learning: What were the key learning points?