Read the following case study from the Center for Practical Bioethics:
Complete the Questions for Discussion following the case. Your answers may be brief.
Write an 875-to-1,050-word paper in which you:
- Summarize the case, explaining the legal and ethical aspects of it.
- Research and explain any laws that pertain to the situation.
- Define and explain the ethical principles that pertain to this case.
- Determine if the legal and ethical responsibilities are in alignment with each other.
- Explain how you would recommend this care team resolve the situation by answering the following questions:
- What specific details of the case require resolution?
- What specific actions should the organization or nurse take to ensure an appropriate outcome?
- What resources and dependencies exist for your recommendation?
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed sources published within the last 5 years.
Note: At least 1 of the sources should provide evidence for your resolution recommendation or plan of action.
Include an APA-formatted reference list.