I’m working on a management case study and need support to help me learn.
Following are the requirements for this assignment:
A core MNE research finding is that MNEs fail primarily because they dont understand enough about the differences in managing HR in foreign environments. This is often caused by the complexity of operating in different countries and employing different national categories of employees.
Think of a particular MNE of your choice. Explain the five variable that moderate the differences between domestic and international HRM with an example from the MNE you chose to illustrate each one.
1. Critically define and explain the key terms highlighted in the question above
2. Choose and justify your choice of an MNE.
3. Critically explain and apply the five variables that moderate the difference between domestic and international HRM to examine your choice MNE.
1. Critically evaluate approached to strategic international and comparative human resource management and development
2. Formulate strategies and practices designed to enhance organizational and individual performance
3. Present a logical solution to the given context
Structure of the case study:
1. Executive Summary main points including key recommendations
2. Contents Page with page numbers
3. Introduction Short introduction to the report setting out what the aims and objectives of the report are, what the report will cover and why
4. Case study analysis This is the main body of your report. You need to critically analyze and explain the five variables that moderate the differences between domestic and international HRM with an example from the MNE you chose to illustrate each one.
5. Conclusion The conclusion should briefly and clearly synthesize the key points of your analysis.
6. Recommendations You should propose recommendations based on your analysis. Your proposals should be realistic and show consideration for cost, timescales and priority.
7. Reference list you need to support your work with reference to academic sources (e.g., books and journal articles) as well as examples of organizational good practice (e.g., practitioner magazine articles/ websites chosen carefully). Citation to be in Harvard Style.
8. Word count: 3500 Words