Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read The Most Important Leadership Competencies, According to Leaders Around the World, watch The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch video and the Week 1 Assignment video above.
In The Last Lecture video, Randy Pausch informs his audience about his health situation and then goes into sharing his childhood dreams that he was able to achieve. Through his lecture, he is able to demonstrate the leadership competencies commonly identified among leaders from around the world.
In a PowerPoint presentation,
- Analyze seven key leadership competencies observed in The Last Lecture
- Identify how these competencies relate to various leadership styles.
- Determine how these leadership competencies apply to organizational success.
For this class, The Last Lecture assignment will be one of two assignments that will apply toward Folio. Be sure to upload your paper to Folio once you have completed it and share a link in your submission in addition to uploading it to Waypoint to be graded.
The Last Lecture PowerPoint presentation
- Must be 10 slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centers How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation resource.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of project
- Students name
- Course name and number
- Instructors name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013.
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your presentation.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course texts.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Centers Citing Within Your Paperguide.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.